Saturday 19 November 2016

“Embracing Neighbours” at Mosaic Newcomer Family Resource Network




The Red Threads of Peace Playback troupe were warmly welcomed at Mosaic Newcomer Family Resource Network to offer a one-hour workshop followed by a performance for students and staff on November 4, 2016.  As facilitators and performers, we were reminded that actions are worth a thousand words…especially when learning a language of your new country.  We are grateful that Playback Theatre can be a universal language when we speak to the heart.

I just wanted to thank you and the rest of the group for the pleasant afternoon on Friday.  I could see from the joy on the faces of my dear students, that these exercises touched them and were meaningful.  As a teacher, I thank you for the chance to see my students relaxing and releasing some of their stories.  I often hold on to their stories as well, and I can't explain how healthy it is to stop and let a big breath out once in awhile!  
- Jen Lopez, Teacher, Mosaic Newcomer Family Resource Network